"Being able to come together as a community and create genuine, authentic connections with new faces that can easily become friends, and getting to freely explore new and impactful experiences as a young adult. A better question would be why shouldn’t a student join a learning community? It provides a plethora of opportunities that will advance and continue to open doors and foster personal growth and development for years to come." Mohamed
Majors Eligible to Join
All first-year and transferring BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ are eligible to join.
BUILD is designed to support incoming multicultural students in the successful transition and completion of the Design Core program.
First-year students are paired with an upper-class student (mentor) in their intended major.
Students develop academic, co-curricular, social, and professional connections beyond the studio.
Benefits of BUILD:
- Peer mentors working one-on-one to help you successfully complete the Design Core program.
- Fun monthly social events to build community and strong connections.
- Meet twice a month with your mentor to discuss academic and social connections.
- Learn the basic software and programs need for the various majors.
- Building a strong network of peers to support you through your academic journey.
No residential options affiliated with the program.
Contact Jareal Madyun at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program and how to get involved.